Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Returning U.S. Department of Homeland Security Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Card


Travelers' failure to turn in their U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-94 when they leave the United States can create a serious problem for them on their next visit to the United States. Without this record of the departure, they will be identified in U.S. records as "overstay." Being identified as an overstay means that a person will be denied re-entry into the United States.

If travelers discover that they still have their Form I-94 when they return home, they should send it to the DHS as quickly as possible, along with documentation proving that they left the United States. Documentation to prove departure from the United States could include the boarding pass from the departing flight, evidence of arrival in another country (i.e. copy of a passport stamp), or other evidence. If they exited the country by a land border, it is much harder to verify that they did, in fact, leave the country on the date they claim.

Travelers' Form I-94 and accompanying evidence of departure should be sent to:

ACS Inc.
1084 South Laurel Rd.
London, Kentucky 40744

If the above office does not have any supporting documents to substantiate their claim to have left the United States on a certain date, there is no guarantee that they will be entered into the record as having done so.

Travelers are strongly encouraged to keep a copy of what they send to ACS Inc. and to carry it with them the next time they come to the United States in case the United States Customs and Border Protection officer has any questions about their eligibility to enter. If they wish to confirm that the Form I-94 departure was recorded, four months after submitting documents to ACS, travelers can write to the following address with their name, date of birth, passport number, date of departure, and request to confirm whether or not their departure was recorded:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Air Sea Passenger Operations
Room 5.4D
1300 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, D.C. 20229

If they turned in the Form I-94 or I-94W when they left the United States as required, please do NOT request confirmation that it is on file. This process is only for people who did not turn in the Form I-94 or I-94W when they exited the United States.

For other information concerning Form I-94, please click here.

Contact Details