Reporting Name Change, Birth, Death, Marriage, Annulment and/or Divorce and Correcting Date of Birth, Gender and Priority Date
If you would like to update the Embassy on life changes that occur while
you are waiting for your petition to be current, you may contact the
U.S. Embassy in Manila by fax at (632) 301-2591. You may also mail the
information to us:
From within the Philippines: Operations Unit, Immigrant Visa Branch, United States Embassy, 1201 Roxas Blvd., Ermita, Metro Manila 1000.
From outside the Philippines: Operations Unit, Immigrant Visa Branch, PSC 500, Box 26, FPO AP, 96515-1000 USA.
- DO NOT send registered mail.
- Do not address correspondence to a person by name. Employees are transferred on a regular basis, so any mail addressed to an individual may be forwarded to that person and not to the section where your concern would be addressed.
- If you have an e-mail address, please include it in your correspondence.
- To report changes and/or corrections to your name, date of
birth or gender:
- Send a copy of your birth certificate or
- Copy of your passport
- To report a change from your single to your married name:
- Send a copy of your marriage contract or
- Copy of your passport showing your married name
- To report a birth:
- Send a copy of the birth certificate
- Copy of the finalization of adoption (if the child is adopted)
- To report the death of a petitioner and/or applicant:
- Send a copy of the death certificate
- To report a marriage:
- Send a copy of your marriage contract
- For F2B and/or F1 visa categories, in addition to a marriage contract, you must submit a copy of the petitioner’s naturalization certificate
- To report an annulment and/or a divorce:
- Send a copy of the annulment papers and/or divorce papers
- To report the correction of a priority date:
- Send a copy of the I-140 or I-130 approval notice