Renew the 10-Year validity Adult Passport
You may renew your passport with these instructions if all the following are true:
Your most recent U.S. passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change
If any the above statements do NOT apply, you must appear personally before a consular officer:
If you have never had a U.S. passport before, please click here for instructions.
If your old passport was lost, stolen, damaged, or expired over 5 years ago, please click here for instructions.
If you are now over age 16, but your last passport was issued when you were age 15 or younger, please click here for instructions.
If all the above statements apply, please follow the instructions below:
- Fill out electronically and print the DS-82 Application for a U.S. Passport wizard form. If you experience trouble with this Passport Application Wizard, click here for Form DS-82 (PDF format). To view PDF files, you need a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat. Get a free download from the Adobe website.
- Fill out and print (PDF Format). You may also complete the form electronically by using the Passport Application Wizard by clicking here. To view PDF files, you need a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat. Get a free download from the Adobe website.
- Check that you have read the Privacy and Computer Fraud and Abuse Acts Notices and Disclaims and click submit.
- Print out the DS-82 form upon completion. Make sure to include a valid email on the form.
- Please note that some instructions and options on the form are only applicable in the United States.
Mail your documents to the embassy at the following mailing address: Citizenship and Passport Unit, American Citizens Services, Consular Section, U.S. Embassy, 1201 Roxas Boulevard, 1000 Manila. Do not make an online appointment for this service. Strictly Mail only and no walk in. You may also use our contracted courier by calling (02) 879-4747 to have Air21 courier pick-up the documents and deliver them to the Embassy. Note: If you send it via Air21 courier, the one-time courier fee covers the two way service: pick-up of documents and delivery of the completed passport.
Please include the following:
- Completed and signed DS-82 application form
- Your most recent passport
- Two pieces 2"x 2" photos
- Proof of Name change (if applicable) *
*Also please include one photocopy along with the original. Otherwise, you will be charged for the photocopying fee of $1.00 per page at the Embassy.
Once your documents are received, the Embassy will notify you through email for the instructions on when to come to the embassy to pay the application fee as well as to arrange for delivery of the passport with the Embassy's contracter courier, Air21 courier (for mailed-in applications). Alternatively, you may send a representative to pay the application fee on your behalf. Please bring:
- $110 in cash (U.S. dollars or Philippine pesos equivalent) or credit card
- A printout of the email notification sent to you by the Embassy
Once payment has been made and application has been approved, passport will be processed and delivered within 2-3 weeks. The expired U.S. passport (duly cancelled by the Embassy) will be delivered together with the new U.S. passport.