First Passport Application (for U.S. citizens under age 16)
First Passport Application for U.S. citizens Under the Age of 16
For Filipino Translation of this page, click here.
You may apply for a U.S. passport if you are already in possession of one of the following documents:
- U.S. birth certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
If you do NOT have one of these documents but believe you have a claim to U.S. citizenship, please click here.
Print the Checklist of Requirements by clicking here and follow the instructions below:
Fill out electronically and print the DS-11 Application for a U.S. passport wizard form. If you experience trouble with the Passport Application Wizard, click here for the Form DS-11 (PDF Format). To view PDF files, you need a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat. Get a free download from the Adobe website.
- Check that you have read the Privacy and Computer Fraud and Abuse Acts Notices and Disclaims and click submit.
- Click Apply Online
- Print the DS-11 form upon completion.
- Please note that some instructions and options on the form are only applicable in the United States.
Both parents must provide consent authorizing passport issuance for a minor under age 16. Please click here for the Two Parent Consent Requirement Issuance to Minors Under Age 16. See the scenarios below, and follow the instruction that best applies to your circumstance:
|Both Parents MUST:||
One Parent MUST:
A Third Party
IMPORTANT NOTE: The written consent (Form DS-3053) from the non-applying parent that accompanies an application for a passport for a minor under the age of 16 must be less than 3 months old. New written consent from the non-applying parent must be obtained and submitted with any future passport application for the minor under age 16.
Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- The printout of the Checklist of Requirements, signed and dated
- Proof of U.S. citizenship which may be any of the following: U.S. Birth Certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship
- Proof of Parentage listing the names of the child's parents (e.g. Philippine Birth certificate from National Statistics Office, U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad)
- DS-11 form (completed but not signed)
- DS-3053 form (if applicable) or primary evidence of sole authority to apply for the child's passport e.g. court order, death certificate (if death occured in the Philippines, submit NSO issued death certificate), etc.
- Printout of appointment confirmation
- Sequential or "growing up" photos for the applicant that cover the time between the last passport and the present.
- valid photo I.D. of the child's parents/guardian (e.g. valid passport or two other governement-issued photo ID, such as driver license, State ID card, SSS, BIR, voter's ID, etc.) Postal ID is not acceptable.
- Two pieces 2"x2" photos
- $105 in cash (U.S. dollars or Philippine peso equivalent) or credit card
Once payment has been made and application has been approved, passport will be processed and delivered within 2-3 weeks.