Renew a Passport for the First Time as an Adult (Age 16 and above)
Renew a Passport for the First Time as an Adult
Click here for Filipino translation of this page.
This page is for adults that have previously received a U.S. passport.
If you are not yet a U.S. citizen, please click here to apply for U.S. citizenship, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, and a passport for a child for the first time.
Print the Checklist of Requirements by clicking here and follow the instructions below:
All applicants applying for the first time as adults (age 16 above) must apply in person.
Fill out electronically and print the DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport wizard form. If you experience trouble with this Passport Application Wizard, click here for Form DS-11 (PDF format). To view PDF files, you need a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat. Get a free download from the Adobe website.
- Please check that you have read the Privacy and Computer Fraud and Abuse Acts Notices and Disclaims and click submit.
- Click Apply Online to access the DS-11 form.
- Please note that some instructions are only applicable in the United States.
Schedule an appointment. Use a valid email address and print your confirmation.
Your parents do not need to come to your appointment. You can sign for yourself, and
Please bring original of the following documents with you to your appointment:
- The Checklist of Requirements, signed and dated
- Most recent passport
- Valid school or government ID* (e.g. valid passport or two other government-issued photo ID, such as driver license, State ID card, SSS, BIR, voter’s ID, etc). Postal ID is not acceptable.
- The completed DS-11 form
- Printout of appointment confirmation
- Sequential or "growing up" photos for the applicant that cover the time between the last passport and the present.
- Two pieces 2"x 2" photos
- $135 in cash (U.S. dollars or Philippine peso equivalent) or credit card
*Also bring one photocopy along with the original. Otherwise, you will be charged for the photocopying fee of $1.00 per page at the Embassy.
Once payment has been made and application has been approved, passport will be processed and delivered within 2-3 weeks. The expired U.S. passport (duly cancelled by the Embassy) will be delivered together with the new U.S. passport.